Dear Brentwood Children’s Dentistry Families,
As always, the health and safety of our patients, team members and community are our top priority. We remain committed to the overall health of our patients and providing exceptional pediatric dental and orthodontic care.
In anticipation of questions you may have about attending or scheduling your child’s next appointment, we have prepared the following answers to questions that may be on your mind:
Is it appropriate to keep or schedule my child’s next appointment amidst the continued COVID-19 concerns?
Yes! While social distancing remains important, it is equally important to keep your child’s dental health a priority. Declines in dental care over the past 9 months have resulted in delayed treatment and worsening of oral health conditions. We encourage you to continue your child’s regular preventive dental care with us.
Is the office clean and safe?
Absolutely. While we have continued to employ the Centers for Disease Control and state and local health and safety recommendations, we also installed a medical-grade, turbocharged air “Scrubber” that removes 99.9% of particles and bacteria, including COVID-19.
In addition, we already:
- Continue to employ the highest level of sanitation practices in the treatment areas
- Maintain rigorous personal hygiene requirements in all areas of the practice
- Supply hand sanitizing stations for patients, families and staff
- Actively engage a clinical advisory council of esteemed doctor specialists to provide critical oversight on policies and procedures
And, we have:
- Installed safety barriers in the open bays and at our check-in/check-out desks
- Increased training and support to our employees in order to better assist our patients and families
- Daily wellness checks to confirm the health of each employee prior to seeing patients
- Increased frequency of surface disinfection in high traffic areas such as our reception areas
- Screening of patients and families for illness prior to their visit
Do I need to wear a mask?
Yes. It is a requirement to wear a mask when obtaining health care services. Please review California guidelines with any concerns or exceptions by clicking here.
Is there anything else I should do differently for my post-COVID visit?
In order to limit the number of people in our practice, we ask that only one parent or guardian attend the appointment and only bring those children that have a scheduled appointment during that time.
We are committed to your child’s health, safety and well-being, and we are still seeing patients. We encourage patients and families to continue to practice safe social distancing, obtain their seasonal flu vaccine, wear a mask, and to reschedule your child’s appointment if you or anyone in your family are sick.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment!
Brentwood Children’s Dentistry